Monday, January 24, 2011

Sharing fantastic learning experiences with the students

Today the most amazing thing happened to me - I held a snake! This may not be something which is a big deal to some of you, after all many people who are reading this probably grew up in a country where there are snakes. But in New Zealand, we don't have snakes (at least not wild ones). So they are a relatively uncommon thing. As a child (and as an adult) I always thought they were something to be scared of, but I've just seen how awesome they really are.

I was so excited to see a snake - and it was great to see the children enjoying it just as much as I did. Thank you so much to Mrs Riley and Pre-KR who let me come along, and Mr Beer who let me hold Tango the corn snake.

It was nice to share an experience with the children - snakes are something I know very little about and Mr Beer had some great facts to share.
What a wonderful thing to see at school - it makes me feel so lucky to work here.

For me, this was a great chance to see more about what the children do on a day to day basis outside of the library. I have really been enjoying visiting the Pre-K classrooms from time to time. Now, I'm off to find some great stories about snakes for this weeks' library session!

No comments:

Post a Comment